Classes start in five weeks, and as our typically foggy July ends, some mid-summer, late (?) pandemic notes:
• Dr. Fauci is past his sell date. The life-long bureaucrat has met his match in libertarian Senator Rand Paul, who is calling out Fauci’s history of lies and obfuscation. Fauci lied to Congress about his funding of prohibited “gain of function” research at China’s Wuhan Virology lab, and he lied to the American people (admittedly with the support and cooperation of the worshipful legacy media) about the likely Wuhan lab source of the virus. The public health community has a record and culture of lying to the plebes and rubes they hold in contempt, but, to quote former President Carter to a former Haitian dictator, “It’s time for you to go.”
• President Biden has nominated eco-terrorist Tracy Stone Manning, a former Earth First tree spiker apologist/activist to head the Bureau of Land Management and steward millions of acres public land. She is a rabid anti- logger. Moreover, she lied about it to the Senate. Senator King is supporting her nomination, while Senator Collins has been silent. Senator Manchin is also a supporter, so it appears that an admitted domestic terrorist will soon be approved by cackling Kamala to run the BLM on a 51-50 vote. Ted Kacynski, the Unabomber, is undoubtedly smiling from his prison cell. Maybe President Biden will pardon him. I doubt the Maine legacy media will bother to report on any of this.
• The Federal Department of Education (which Ronald Reagan pledged to abolish) is claiming that their (sole) recommendation of the Abolitionist Teaching Network to schools as the remedy to systemic racism “spirit murdering Black, Brown and Indigenous children” was a “mistake” in a “large and complex document.” Their mistake in promoting this racist, Critical Race Theory outfit was being caught. Biden spokesliar Jen Psaki looked exactly like the circling back scurrying rat in the daylight she is in explaining this “mistake.”
• The Federal Bureau of Investigation, (which needs to be defunded) had numerous confidential informants egging on “insurrectionists” on January 6th and in the Michigan domestic terrorist/ white supremacist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer. The FBI has asked Americans to report white males who may be susceptible or succumbing to right wing “misinformation’ (that’s anything the left disagrees with), which is apparently the gateway drug to domestic terrorism. I am preparing for the early dawn no-knock raid on my Cooper fortress any time now.
• Global warming has produced another garden cornucopia this year, but it must be stopped. The holy scriptures of the Church of Climate Change must be honored, heeded and obeyed, and non-believers must be punished and cast out into the heat.
• Rep. Charlotte Warren (D-Hallowell) posted this now deleted racist misandrist rant on Facebook:
“Straight white men are too emotional to be in politics.
Consider this a call to action to all my queers and gal pals!
Dear white men who are feeling the need to complain about my comments: Check your privilege (sic), your emotions, and be prepared for your comments to be deleted. Because, ‘Merica, free speech, and all that jazz.”
If a Republican said something similar (replace white men with black women, and straight with whatever alphabet option you want), there would be serious consequences (and were six years with Senator Willette( R-Presque Isle). But without double standards, the left would have no standards at all.
• A number of critics have suggested that as a conservative, I should not be teaching impressionable young minds. Here is the leftist recommended/required statement for my Fall course syllabi:
“President Biden is a moderate uniter in fine mental and physical health and fully in control of his faculties and the country. Anyone who suggests otherwise is spreading misinformation and must be silenced in order to promote the general welfare and public health. Oceania’s leadership is fighting systemic racism and domestic terrorism, and our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts will strengthen the nation, while combatting the evil white supremacists we have always been at war with.”
Jon Reisman is an associate professor of economics and public policy at the University of Maine at Machias. His views are his own. Mr. Reisman welcomes comments as letters to the editor here, or to him directly via email at [email protected].